The UCC elders held their monthly meeting with ministry staff on April 23, 2017. Numerous items were discussed and prayed over, among them:
• Prayer, by name, for those who were in the hospital/skilled nursing, for the families of Ashley Robinson, James Thompson and Dewitt Jones who have recently lost loved ones, for the recent births of Luke Hoskins and Tula Wearden, for the wonderful news of the new spiritual births of Mariah Martin and Travis Towell, for those dealing with dementia and cancer, and for many others;
• Recognized, thanked and prayed over our two youth group interns, Crysta Cook and Daniel Austin. We are so grateful for these two young adults and the way they will impact the lives of our youth group kids;
• With the impending move of Jeff and Linda Arrington to Alabama, who have played such a huge role within the college ministry for many years, we began discussions for the future of this important ministry;
• Gustavo Villanueva brought us a report on the bilingual ministry and plans for the future of this important part of the UCC body;
• Continued our discussions on potential uses of the oil lease money, along with a 2016 year-end gift from a local UCC family to be used for outreach. We reviewed ideas sent to us from UCC members (thank you!) and from UCC staff (thank you, too!). The elders plan to finalize a use for these funds during the month of May in a special called meeting.
As always, the UCC elders are grateful for each of you and covet your continued prayers, just as we remember you in our prayers.